Faculty Handbook 2021-2022 [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
Faculty Handbook 2021-2022
This Handbook contains facts, policies, and procedures of special interest to faculty. It supplements the College Academic Bulletin; the contents of both should be familiar to all faculty. The most recent edition of the Handbook along with archived editions can be accessed from the Provost’s Faculty Resources page. The My Allegheny website contains additional information related to policies, Committees, and resources.
Allegheny College is an Equal Opportunity Employer that actively seeks to attract, hire, and retain a high caliber, diverse workforce comprised of employees whose talents and experiences best equip the College to accomplish its mission. It i the policy of Allegheny College to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees with a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity. The College does not discriminate, and will not tolerate discrimination, on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, creed, national/ethnic origin, ancestry, veterans or handicap or disability as those terms are defined under applicable law.
Inquiries related to any of the above, or to discriminatory or sexual harassment, should be directed as follows:
- EEO, Title VI, or Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act: The EEO Officer or the Director of Human Resources
- Title IX: The Title IX Coordinator
- Discriminatory harassment and hate crimes:
- Students: Dean of Students
- Faculty: Provost
- Staff: Human Resources
- Visitors and after hours: Safety and Security Office
- Sexual harassment and sexual assault: to the Title IX Coordinator or Deputy Coordinators
Please consult the Human Resources Office, 814-332-2312, for contact information for any of the personnel listed above.
Summary of Changes in Recent Faculty Handbooks
Please see here for a list of changes in the Faculty Handbook.
If you are new to the online Faculty Handbook, use the “?” button on the top right to learn more.
There are two ways to search:
Use the “Bulletin Search” on the top right of the page to search by:
- Browse topics using the navigation menu on the right.
Archived Faculty Handbook
- Please see the drop-down box at the top of this page to access archived Faculty Handbooks in web form.
The Faculty Handbook (PDF):