The Allegheny Gateway supports students as they explore their interests, turn those interests into experience, and then apply what they’ve learned to opportunities both in their careers and in their communities. With the help of Gateway faculty and staff, Allegheny students refine their career aspirations and clarify their vocations. They develop a clear vision of who they are in the world, an inclusive and global perspective, and the commitment to be citizen-leaders addressing the complexities of the modern world.
Gateway Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete a Gateway Experience will be able to:
- Apply knowledge and learning gained in their courses and academic work to analyze and solve problems in the context of their Gateway Experience.
- Assess and articulate the effectiveness of the strategies they used in undertaking their Gateway Experience and identify ways to strengthen their preparation for similar experiences in the future.
- Apply knowledge and learning gained through the Gateway Experience to their planning and preparation for a career, graduate/professional school, or other pursuits after college.
- Articulate the skills developed and enhanced through the Gateway Experience to convey potential contributions to career, graduate/professional school, or other pursuits after college.
The Offices and Programs of the Gateway:
- Career Education
- Civic Engagement
- Center for Business and Economics
- International Education
- Pre-Professional Advising
- Center for Political Participation
- Nationally Competitive Fellowships
To see the courses offered in this department or program, please use the “Course Search” link from the menu at the right of this page.